Love languages, date nights, flowers, long walks on the beach, daily texts, gifts, holidays, stay-cations, saying I love you, I would, so you should. Often we're looking for love to show up in the way we express it, or in the way we see it in movies. Needing love to be a certain way, can cause us to miss all the unexpected, and often, underrated ways that love shows up, each and every day.
FEEL THE LOVE
1. Letting It Go. Sometimes the most loving thing we do is cut each other some slack on the, not such a big deal, kind of things. Dropping the literal, the assumptions and the have to's.This is love.
2. Making Nice. Respecting each other’s friends, family, co-workers, when you may not love everyone in their circle. This is love.
3. Minding Your P's and Q's. The please and thank you's. The dish in the dishwasher. Sharing the last cupcake. The towels folded the way you like them. Also love.
4. All in. Supporting and showing interest when it may not be your thing - like watching lots of foodie type shows …or golf, as the case may be. Mucho Love.
5. Being There. Showing up. Trying again. Accepting. Digging in. Talking it out. Apologizing. Leaving it alone. Most definitely love.
Showing love in a way that resonates with the recipient is important, however receiving, and accepting love in the myriad of ways that it presents itself is essential to growing, and nurturing the connection.
"Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses." ~Ann Landers
How are you being shown love? What have you taken for granted? Make a list of all the little, unexpected, overlooked and undervalued demonstrations of love, and soak it all in.